Holiday Homes - Short Term Holiday Accommodation

In accordance with Shire of Jerramungup Local Planning Policy 20 – Holiday Homes, Development Approval is required prior to commencement of use for all Short Term Accommodation.

To apply for a Holiday Home you will need to provide the following:

  • A completed Application for Development Approval form
  • A completed Property Management Plan that clearly defines management and guest responsibilities;
  • A Fire and Emergency Response Plan (a floor plan of the dwelling showing evacuation routes, location of fire extinguishers and fire blankets, placement of smoke alarms and the location of any first aid kits);
  • Details of the proposed maximum number of guests.
  • Where a Swimming Pool or Spa is present, it will need to comply with all current safety, building and health standards.
  • Details of any signage (maximum of 0.2 square metres) proposed to be erected as part of the application.

Your application can be emailed to, posted to the office PO Box 92, Jerramungup WA 6337, or delivered to the office at Vasey St Jerramungup or Mary St Bremer Bay.

Once the completed application is received we will send you an invoice for the application fee of $295.

Your proposal is then referred to adjoining property owners for comment.

  • If comments are received your application may need to be taken to Council for review.
  • If no comments are received we can issue your approval for a period of 12 months.
  • If any complaints are received about your property within the first 12 months we may need to review your approval to operate.
  • After 12 months you can apply for an extension of planning approval with an application fee of $295. Extension can then be grated for up to 3 years.

State Government Regulations

From 1 January 2025, all hosts in Western Australia must register their short-term rental accommodation in order to share your home on booking platforms like Airbnb. You will need to register with the WA Government and show your registration number on your listing.

More information on the state government regulations can be found Here