- 24 May 2013 Public Notice - Draft Revised Local Planning Policy No1
- 17 May 2013 Public Notice - Proposed Road Closure - Unmade Portion of Garnett Road, Bremer Bay
- 15 May 2013 Farewell Dr Nic & Mary - Community Invitation
- 15 May 2013 Introduction to Firefighting & Bushfire Firefighting - Nominate Now!
- 8 May 2013 Current Job Vacancies
Local Planning Scheme No.2 Amendment No.5
27 June 2012
Planning and Development Act 2005
Local Planning Scheme Amendment Available for Inspection
Notice is hereby given that the Shire of Jerramungup has prepared the above-mentioned local planning scheme amendment. Scheme Amendment 5 is an omnibus amendment which is an amendment that rectifies small issues in the way a Scheme works without undertaking a wholesale review.
This omnibus specifically seeks to:
- Ensure that any unpaid contributions for maintenance of standpipe facilities and fire fighting are recoverable;
- Introduce a definition in the Scheme for Strategic Fire Break;
- Modify, expand and clarify the requirements for development and landuses in the Bremer Bay Town Centre;
- Introduce specific scheme provisions for Structure Plans and Subdivision Guide Plans which apply to Rural Residential zones, Residential Development zone and the Special Design Area;
- Introduce a new Residential Development zone and relevant scheme requirements;
- Incorporate a generic clause that gives Council the ability to require a Structure Plan where a co-ordinated approach is required for development and / or subdivision;
- Update the Priority P1 and P2 Public Drinking Water Source protection boundaries as applicable to Lot 109 Borden Bremer Bay Road, Bremer Bay;
- Correct a number of anomalies identified in the Scheme text and map;
- Address various outstanding landuse matters in the Shire; and
- Make a number of improvements and updates to the existing Scheme text.
A copy of the Scheme Amendment document can be obtained from the Shire of Jerramungup offices at 8 Vasey Street, Jerramungup, the Bremer Bay Community Resource Centre at Mary Street, Bremer Bay during office hours or downloaded by clicking HERE.
Submissions on the local planning scheme amendment may be made in writing and lodged with the undersigned on or before 30th July, 2012.
For further information, please contact Council’s Planning Officer, Craig Pursey, on 98374070.
View news archive >>