Additional navigation for pages within this section of the website
The Shire of Jerramungup is bordered by the Shires of Gnowangerup to the west, Kent to the north, Ravensthorpe to the east, Lake Grace on the north-east corner, the City of Albany to the south-west and the spectacular Southern Ocean to the south. The Shire comprises 645,110 hectares, incorporates the towns of Jerramungup and Bremer Bay and the districts of Needilup, Jacup, Gairdner, Boxwood Hill and Fitzgerald, and is the western gateway to the world famous Fitzgerald River National Park. Both towns and the districts have active social and sporting groups, with plenty to offer all members of the community.
Local government plays a key role in the development of any community, and the Shire of Jerramungup understands its importance in the continuing process of developing a vibrant community. The formulation of the Shire of Jerramungup Strategic Plan 2009-2014 resulted in the establishment of a vision, key focus areas and broad objectives.
The Shire of Jerramungup will provide leadership to maintain our identity by promoting social and economic development whilst embracing our unique natural environment.
Citizens of the Year
At our Australia Day Breakfast this year, local Janine Barrett was presented with the Citizen of the Year Award. Janine epitomizes community involvement and has been a busy volunteer for numerous years.
- Janine was instrumental in development of the new Kokoda Op Shop – with all proceeds raised being reinvested in the local community through donations to sporting clubs, day-care, ambulance and much more. She has inspired many others in the community , some being seniors who are often isolated and lonely, to join in volenterring in the op shop.
- Janine is also a committed and enthusiastic member of the Jerramungup Community & Resource Centre Committee. She spends endless hours editing the Jerry Journal, and was the driving force behind the addition of the Visitors Centre.
- Janine was involved in the committee that guided the Town Revitalisation project and was also a part of the design and quote attainment for the new entrance statement into Jerramungup.
- When shes not volunteering her time Janine is the captain of Ladies Thursday Golf and also assists with the operation of the family farm and runs two successful businesses; Glentarkkie B&B and Bimberdong Framing.
This item was last updated on 3 April 2013
For more information contact:
Nicole Hollis, Administration Officer
- Mon - Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm
- (08) 9835 1022
- (08) 9835 1161